Volunteering at the Safety Centre is a really rewarding experience.
As one of our volunteers, you’re part of a close-knit community, all with a common goal – to use education to save lives.
You’ll help us deliver our dynamic safety sessions with the Safety Centre team to young people and all we ask for is your time, a positive attitude and an interest in developing your own skills.
You can do this in one of two ways – either by becoming a tour guide in Hazard Alley or by being a guide answering the children’s emergency calls. We’ll provide you with the training you need, and complete the relevant disclosure checks.
If you don’t see yourself working directly with young people or don’t want to make a commitment to regular times, we have other activities that we need volunteer help with including:
- HR support
- Recruiting more volunteers
- Staffing stands at community events
- Social media campaigns & marketing
What would you get out of volunteering at the Safety Centre?
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are teaching valuable life skills that can help to save lives
- Make new friends and widen your social circle
- Have a welcoming friendly environment to work in
- Work with enthusiastic children who enjoy the learning environment
- A pleasant and enjoyable experience which is both interesting and rewarding
- Gain experience that might help you find a new job or change career
- A polo-shirt and sweatshirt to wear
- A staff room with tea and coffee facilities and an area to sit and chat
- Out of pocket expenses
- An invitation to two organised social activities a year
How can I find out more about becoming a volunteer?
For further information please contact 01908 263 009 or email email@example.com